GENERAL REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS
Look and Feel of Advertisements:
* Ads must have a distinct border to clearly identify where the page ends, and ad begins.
* The advertiser must be clearly identified in the ad unit and must be at least 11 point size font if text or clearly legible logo.
* Ads must not mimic news headlines in design, tone, third person sentence structure, or topic.
* Ads must follow proper grammar conventions.
* Ads must not contain low quality images: no low resolution, poorly lit, grainy, stretched images, and no images that look like amateur photography.
* Ads must not mention the user's specific age. Age ranges need to be at least 3 years inclusive (e.g., 35+ is ok, or 40-42 is ok).
Accuracy of Information:
* Ads must comply with all applicable FTC guidelines and other applicable laws, rules and regulations (including without limitation industry-endorsed, self-regulatory principles or guidelines).
* If containing free offers and discounts, ads must disclose within the ad all material terms and conditions relating to the free offer or special discount and provide within the ad simple access to all the detailed information pertaining to the method of qualifying for the free offer.
* If referring to local services or products, ads must clearly disclose the advertiser's location BY CITY AND STATE.
* Ads must not contain or imply inaccurate or unpermitted affiliation or endorsement, including but not limited to any affiliation with jdsavage.com.
* If "Free" is used in the ad, but the product requires Shipping & Handling fees, the ad must state it. For example: "plus Shipping and Handling fees".
* Weight Loss or other Health Related Ads may only include FDA approved claims of efficacy for a Weight Loss Ad that states "I lost x pounds". It must contain a disclaimer such as "results not typical; individual results may vary".
* Ads must not be deceptive, misleading, or unfair or promote false or misleading claims or include any information that you know is false or misleading. For example, no deceptive pricing, no "bait and switch" advertising, no claim that "everyone wins" and no implication that the mere act of clicking a button is sufficient to win or suggests the user was specially selected to receive a prize.
* Ads must not make any claim about a product or service (e.g., "guaranteed" results for wrinkle remover) unless it has been substantiated through research or surveys, and that support is made publicly available by you online (e.g., your profile page or third party link from the ad).
* Ads must not use superlatives relating to products or services that may be misleading, confusing or unsubstantiated (e.g., "most popular band on this web site"). Ads may use general terms that a consumer understands are advertising "puffery" and not scientifically proven fact (e.g., "best in the world" or "hardest hitting rock band").
* Ads must not inaccurately state or imply approval or endorsement by any government or quasi-government entity.
* Target audience must be 18 and over.
* No underage girls. The advertiser must be able to provide verifiable documentation to prove that they have rights to the photos being used and age of individual in ad if so requested.
* No provocative, sexually suggestive or pornographic language. For example, no sexual words, no "hookups", no "hotties" and no "live web cams".
* Individuals featured in ads must be appropriately dressed. For example, no bathing suits, undergarments or exposed bellies; for men or women, no unbuttoned shirts revealing the chest; no excessively tight pants; no wet t-shirts or see-through clothing.
* No promotion of webcam or borderline pornographic sites. JD Savage Productions reserves the right to reject any advertisement.
Software Downloads and Site Security:
* Ads must not include software downloads, automatic downloads or initiate any download, process or sequence for content, browser add on, or otherwise.
* No hidden, misleading or harmful functionality.
* No bundled components, features or functionalities with a user approved download (other than on a clear opt-out basis), including without limitation software commonly considered or classified as AdWare or Spyware.
User Experience / Ad Functionality:
Ads must be delivered in either a jpg, gif, or png file and be properly formatted in accordance with the jdsavage.com policies and standards.
* Ads must not employ flashing, shaking, rolling, pulsing or other similar graphics (e.g., animated logos).
* Ads must not block or impede browser functionality from working as intended (e.g., "Back" and "Close" functionality must be fully operational).
* Ads must not feature false or misleading system messaging, warning messages, dialog boxes or error messages (e.g., application, system update, or diagnostic messaging).
* Ads must not contain false or misleading "Close", "Minimize", "Maximize", or other Windows functionality.
* Ads must not contain any form of survey, pop-ups, pop-unders, or other dialogue boxes (e.g., alerts).
* Users may not be deceived into providing personal information without the user's knowledge, under false pretenses, or for unlawful purposes, or providing such personal information to companies who resell, trade, barter or otherwise misuse that personal information.
* Ads must not imply any type of endorsement by, or association with, any JD Savage Productions website.
* Ads must not interfere or otherwise interact with any of the content on any webpage (including without limitation changing or hiding the top banner or bottom footer of any webpage).
* Ads must not contain any type of user tracking or functionality to provide information to users regarding "who viewed your page" or related information about other users.
* Ads must not contain an invalid Landing Page URL.
* Ads must not contain or create SCRIPT tags pointing to external sources (including Google Analytics), CSS, or IFramed content.
Intellectual Property and Other Rights:
* Ads must not use the trademarks or logos of any JD Savage Productions website in written format or graphics without prior written consent.
* Ads must not use the copyrighted materials of, or otherwise mimic or be similar to the look and feel, content, navigation, service messaging or functionality of any JD Savage Productions website.
* Ads must not violate any privacy right, publicity right, copyright, trademark, contractual right or any other right of any person or entity (including without limitation unauthorized use of any trademark, service mark, slogan, logo, brand name, company name or other identifier).
* Ads must not include celebrity endorsements of any kind.
* Ads must not include a photograph or image of another person without that person's consent.
* Ads must not contain any type of multi-media unless properly licensed for this specific use.
Advertiser Landing Page:
* Ads must be related to the content, purpose and theme of the landing page of the ad; and the landing page must match the offer being made in the ad.
* Ads must not contain a link to any web page that would violate these Editorial Guidelines or the JDSP TV Agreement.
* Any advertiser page containing a transactional interface for the purpose of selling a good or service to the user must contain the full terms and conditions of the offer in an easily accessible manner.
EXAMPLES OF PROHIBITED ADVERTISING CONTENT
In addition to the rules and restrictions above, the following is a partial list of categories of content, products and services that are illegal or prohibited to post on JD Savage Productions websites.
Ads must not contain, reference, advocate, promote or link to any of the following:
* nudity, sexually explicit or illegal images (including without limitation any reference to or link to an adult website);
* alcohol content targeted to users under ages 21;
* any products or services targeted at users under the age at which such services or products can legally be used;
* online gambling;
* tobacco or tobacco related products;
* firearms, ammunition, brass knuckles, butterfly knives, fireworks or pyrotechnic devices (or parts or supplies for any of the foregoing);
* any drugs (whether prescription, recreational or otherwise), and any drug-related paraphernalia or materials (e.g., aids to pass drug tests);
* offers, activities or conduct that are illegal, or are abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous, or are of questionable legality, including without limitation furtherance of any criminal activity or enterprise (e.g., instructional information about making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses).
* hate speech or any content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, discrimination, harassment, violence or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual (e.g., "hate lists"), including without limitation human exploitation or suffering, torture or death and any references that misrepresent, ridicule or attack an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or disability;
* patently offensive, defamatory, profane, hateful, or libelous material (including without limitation offensive or inappropriate language);
* solicitation of personal information from anyone;
* fake or "easy" documents and related services, including without limitation identification cards, immigration papers, diplomas or other credentials;
* U.S. immigration documents or services (e.g., "green card" applications);
* academic aids, including without limitation "test-taking" or paper-writing services;
* bulk marketing products used for the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing (e.g., junk mail and chain letters), pyramid schemes, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
* counterfeit or imitation designer goods;
* solicitation of passwords or personal information for unlawful purposes or without appropriate security measures;
* contests or sweepstakes;
* hidden pages or images;
* illegal or unauthorized copies of another person's copyrighted work (e.g., providing pirated computer programs or pirated music), or information about circumventing manufacture-installed, copy-protect devices or other content protection;
* false or misleading health or dietary claims (e.g., "miracle cures");
* solicitation of funds by any person or entity other than a U.S. government-registered charitable organization;
* traffic manipulation devices (e.g., radar jamming devices, license plate covers and signal changing devices); or
* information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person.